[dpdk-users] Difficulty With rte_eal_init()

Cliff Burdick shaklee3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:40:28 CET 2016

In regards to your fix above, how does this change the probing behavior? It
seems that it's just combining all the .a files into a single library,
right? I still needed to include that whole lost if -D options that the
examples use, or it still didn't seem to probe the bus. I must be missing
something else as well. Do you mind pasting all of the defines/libraries
that you pass into your app to get it to work? Currently the examples in
mine pass this large list:

-march=native -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE2
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE3 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_1 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_2
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_PCLMULQDQ -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_AVX
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_RDRAND -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_FSGSBASE
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_F16C -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_AVX2
-DRTE_COMPILE_TIME_CPUFLAGS=RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE2,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE3,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_1,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_2,RTE_CPUFLAG_PCLMULQDQ,RTE_CPUFLAG_AVX,RTE_CPUFLAG_RDRAND,RTE_CPUFLAG_FSGSBASE,RTE_CPUFLAG_F16C,RTE_CPUFLAG_AVX2
  -include $(RTE_SDK)/include/rte_config.h -O3