[dpdk-users] Optical Receive Power Level

martin_curran-gray at keysight.com martin_curran-gray at keysight.com
Wed May 11 15:18:18 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I've been looking for a way to get the receive optical power level out of my X710 card's installed sfp+ modules?

I couldn't find anything searching for "optical power" in the dpdk.org

Am I going to have to see if I can persuade the XL710 chip on the nic to read them, then access some register in the XL710 to find the answer?

Has anyone tried this?

I accessed the xstats produced by the controller, and while they were all possibly usefull, they were all packet things within the MAC chip etc.

Thanks

Martin Curran-Gray
Keysight