[dpdk-users] rte_eth_link_get() issue for bonded interface

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Wed Nov 9 21:54:49 CET 2016

I've resolved this, so in case anyone sees this problem in the future: it
is expected behavior to an extent. It can take a couple of seconds for
slaves to be activated, so when checking whether a bonded link is up, try
wrapping it in a loop to repeatedly check until the slaves have been
activated. They are polled every 10 milliseconds, but in my experience it
takes a couple of seconds for the bonded link to be recognized as up.