[dpdk-users] Not able to access /dev/uioX from inside LXC

Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru nagp.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 07:44:03 CET 2016

There were two issues w.r.t the above problem

* The uioX major number is not fixed across machine reboots - so I had to
keep two-three major numbers in devices.allow section to do this.
* The sysfs was mounted as read-only file system. When I remounted it as
read-write, all problems went away. I could access 40G ports from inside
LXC container.

Thanks,
-nagp