[dpdk-users] Intel XL710: QinQ RSS configuration

Pavel Shirshov pavel.shirshov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:35:42 CET 2016

Hello,

Is it possible to enable RSS for QinQ traffic for Intel XL710-QDA2?

I'm trying to set following configuration on my NIC Intel XL710-QDA2
I want to:
1. Receive QinQ traffic
2. Steer traffic using RSS on the NIC
3. Extract both vlan tags.

I can receive both tags from the NIC, but RSS hash is always 0, and
there's no RSS steering between queues.
If I disable VLAN strip offloading I see that hash is calculated, but
its value is always the same.

My NIC is Intel XL710-QDA2. Latest fw and driver.

static const struct rte_eth_conf port_conf = {
    .rxmode = {
        .mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_RSS,
        .max_rx_pkt_len = ETHER_MAX_LEN,
        .split_hdr_size = 0,
        .header_split   = 0, /**< Header Split disabled */
        .hw_ip_checksum = 1, /**< IP checksum offload enabled */
        .hw_vlan_filter = 0, /**< VLAN filtering disabled */
        .hw_vlan_strip  = 1,
        .jumbo_frame    = 0, /**< Jumbo Frame Support disabled */
        .hw_strip_crc   = 0, /**< CRC stripped by hardware */
    },
    .rx_adv_conf = {
        .rss_conf = {
            .rss_key = NULL,