[dpdk-users] Dell PowerEdge CPU IERR caused by DPDK 16.07

Norbert Nyakó norbert.nyako at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:27:55 CET 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your help!
There was also a ”bus fatal error" in the iDRAC / OMSA log and I also
looked at /var/log/* but there was no any suspicious log entry, I
think it because the machine rebooted as soon as the error triggered.
In my opinion it is not hardware fault because we have two machines
with the same configs and both behaves the same, but we tried with the
same network card with a different machine and there was no error.
Also we will try it with a different network card soon.
Since my first mail we updated the BIOS of the machines but it did not
help. Maybe it can be some firmware bug in the server which
incorrectly identifies CPU fault.

Best regards,
Norbert