[dpdk-users] Subnet filters in hardware

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Tue Oct 4 04:46:07 CEST 2016

I'm interested in applying a hardware filter for entire subnets instead of
individual flows. I've seen previous threads stating that ntuple filter in
theory may be able to support this, but currently there's not any hardware
support for it. For example, the 82599 only allows you to set an entire
field to be matched, but not apply a prefix mask.

Is anyone aware of any new NICs (last 1-2 years) where this is possible? It
would be a very useful feature and I'm having a hard time finding anything
suitable.

Thanks in advance!
Cody