[dpdk-users] Is RSS supported by Virtio network devices?

Chinmaya Dwibedy ckdwibedy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:48:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am running DPDK application on VM instance (openstack) with multiple
cores. It has no PCI passed through Ethernet device.  It has only Virtio
network devices.

I have configured the Receive side scaling (RSS) while initializing
Ethernet port. I am sending UDP traffic with 8 different traffic flows
(Each flow will have different source IP address). But I find, all the
traffics fall into one core. It means hash value which is based on the
packet IP addresses the protocol (UDP or TCP) and the ports (5 tuple) are
same for all the flows.  Can anyone please suggest whether RSS is supported
by Virtio network devices or not? Thank you in advance for your time and
support.

Regards,

Chinmaya