[dpdk-users] How to debug I40E PMD RX/TX frees

VERDOUX, Sylvain s.verdoux at evs.com
Mon Oct 17 16:45:59 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am currently trying a small igmp sample test using dpdk I40E PMD (NIC is X710). The code is quite simple and uses 2 lcores to handle a recv loop on RX0 and a send loop on TX0. When the recv loop detects a query, it notifies the send loop to emit a report. I use at startup a fdir filter to move the mcast flow to another queue to not be polluted with this flow in my recv loop. For a while it works fine but after some time, the recv loop just stop retrieving queries, and I have difficulties debugging the problem. It seems like a mbuf free problem but even if I have activated I40E debug and mbuf debug in my dpdk config file then recompile it, I can't see any alarming message. For now I think that I free received mbufs properly and sent mbufs should be released by the tx_burst function, so I don't really understand the issue. So I'm asking if tools are available to debug deeply the problem ?

Thanks,
Best Regards

Sylvain