[dpdk-users] DPDPK-PDUMP not creating rx file

shokoofeh nobahari sh.nobahari65 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:45:38 CEST 2016

Dear all
I am executing DPDK 16.07 on a physical ubuntu server with 2 Intel NIC
and I need to capture the traffic to pcap files so I am using pdump API.
I also set CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_PCAP=y in common-base file in config
directory of DPDK and recompile the build.
dpdk-pdump is running and working but it is not creating the rx.pcap file .
My command is like below:

./dpdk-pdump -c 3 -n 2 -- --pdump 'device_id=0e:00.0,queue=*,rx-
dev=/tmp/rx-1-file.pcap'

I will be very grateful if you can help me with this situation !
thank you all