[dpdk-users] Query Regarding KNI

Jason Kwon m43kwon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:10:46 CEST 2016

Yes, it should be possible.  For a given DPDK port, RX and TX must be on
separate "lcores," but can share the same physical core.  So use the
command-line EAL options to map multiple lcores to a single core, for
instance:

# ./kni --lcores='(0,1)@1' -n 1 -- -P -p 0x1 --config="(0,0,1)"

In this example, I have a single DPDK port, with RX and TX mapped to two
lcores which themselves have been mapped to a single CPU core.

Jason