[dpdk-users] using DPDK on RHEL VM / VMXNET3

Kumar Gupta, Rohit (Nokia - IN) rohit.kumar_gupta at nokia.com
Thu Sep 15 08:50:34 CEST 2016

Hi,
I have a VM with 8 lcores and 2 VMXNET3 devices (eth1 is active and eth0 is non-active)
I can connect to it via telnet only (VM is managed centrally).
I am following the steps outlined in dpdk documentation for Linux.

However, as soon as I bind DPDK to non-active port, I lose my tcp connection to the VM. I am not binding it  to active interface.
Connection is restored when VM restarts.

Can anyone help how I can replace VMXNET3 for non-active port so I can start building my application?

Regards,
Rohit