[dpdk-users] filtering IPv6 packets in hardware

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:06:25 CEST 2016

I'm trying to filter IPv6 packets to different queues in hardware using
ixgbe. It looks like the ntuple filter does not support IPv6 source and
destination addresses, and the flow director only accepts one packet mask
across all rules.

However, sometimes I need to filter packets based on just the destination,
and sometimes I need to filter packets based on the source *and* the
destination. I also need to be able to add rules of different prefix
lengths for both the source and destination addresses.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any tips on how I could make
this work -- or even suggestions for better hardware?

Thanks!
Cody