[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Working of pipeline in a given config file and regarding user-defined actions in IP_PIPELINE application

Singh, Jasvinder jasvinder.singh at intel.com
Mon Apr 10 11:27:01 CEST 2017

Hi Nidhia,

On 10/04/2017 08:27, Nidhia Varghese wrote:
> Hi Jasvinder,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> What I understood from the programmer's guide is that, port action
> handler can be assigned to each input/output port to define actions to
> be executed on each input packet that is received by the port. But one
> pipeline can have more than one input and output ports. Actions that
> has to be done to packets coming from each port can be different even
> though it is in the same pipeline. How can we define different actions
> for different ports in this case where we have more than one ports for
> reception or transmission in same pipeline? Which parameter is used to
> distinguish the ports?

Although, we haven't done this in the provided code, there is a
provision to define the action specific to the port.  While initializing
the pipeline port parameters, specific action can be associated with the
port. Have a look at pipeline_passthrough_init()
(pipeline/pipeline_passthrough_be.c) , where during port initialization,
a specific action can be assigned.

Thanks,
Jasvinder

PS: I have removed "dev at dpdk.org", for such queries we use