[dpdk-users] testpmd jumbo frames config options

Suryanathan P suryanathan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:17:38 CEST 2017

Hey guys,

I am trying to use testpmd to forward jumbo frames (9222 with crc). I
configured the following three parameters:

mbuf_size (9600), max_pkt_len(9400) and mtu(9300)

I am using the 82599 10G intel nics. It appears testpmd is unable to
forward packets larger than 9218. 9222 byte packets(including crc) is
received by the app but is not forwarded. There are no tx errors and I
don't want to get technical in this list, but it appears rte_eth_tx_burst
is returning success with the number of packets transmitted.

Is there something I am missing here? Any help is appreciated. Also please
let me know any other information is required.

dpdk version: 16.07

Regards,
Suryanathan  P