[dpdk-users] Low Rx throughput when using Mellanox ConnectX-3 card with DPDK

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Thu Apr 13 16:47:00 CEST 2017

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 9:22 AM, Shihabur Rahman Chowdhury <shihab.buet at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles at intel.com> wrote:
> Are you using the Linux kernel pktgen or the DPDK Pktgen?
>
> http://dpdk.org/browse/apps/pktgen-dpdk/
>
> ​Yes, we are using dpdk-pktgen built with the latest Mellanox DPDK release.​

The reason I was asking was you were using the ifconfig numbers for missed frames and not the numbers in Pktgen at least that is what I read.

The reason I was asking about looping back the cable on the pktgen machine was to make sure the configuration on the pktgen machine was able to get to wire rate using two ports. If you do not have two ports in the pktgen machine, then my suggestion will not work :-)

Sorry, I do not have any other suggestions.

> --Shihab

Regards,
Keith