[dpdk-users] dpdk-pdump: pdump_create_client_socket fails to run along with kni app

Pattan, Reshma reshma.pattan at intel.com
Mon Apr 24 11:15:54 CEST 2017

Hi Gowrishankar,

> PDUMP: failed to send to server:Connection refused,
> pdump_create_client_socket:702
> PDUMP: client request for pdump enable/disable failed
> PDUMP: failed to send to server:Connection refused,
> pdump_create_client_socket:702
> PDUMP: client request for pdump enable/disable failed

Primary application here kni should initialize packet capture framework using rte_pdump_init(). And uninitialize rte_pdump_uninit() before application terminates.
In DPDK by default only testpmd  has init/uninit changes added. Rest other application that wants to use pdump should do these changes explicitly, make the build and
rerun the primary and dpdk-pdump applications.

Please refer app/test-pmd/testpmd.c for rte_pdump* code changes and make similar change in kni main.c and retest.

Let me know if you stuck.

Thanks,
Reshma