[dpdk-users] crypto device 'crypto_aesni_mb' doesn't work in secondary process

Dirk-Holger Lenz dirk.lenz at ng4t.com
Fri Aug 4 11:56:08 CEST 2017

Hello Pablo,

thanks for the quick answer.

I think that in general resources like pools and devices

need to be created by the primary process. That's

the reason that we implemented a process (our dpdk

process) which creates the resources on request by

applications which start and stop dynamically and which

are working as secondary processes. These applications

even don't know which type of Ethernet device or crypto

device they get, they simply ask for one of them.

For the Ethernet devices and QAT and even for the openssl

this works fine (QAT and i40evf worked in the past, we are

investigating why they are not doing for us with 17.08rc4).

I hope that it is possible to make that working for

aesni_mb as well.

Best regards

Dirk