[dpdk-users] RTE_LIBRTE_I40E_ITR_INTERVAL

Dorsett, Michal Michal.Dorsett at verint.com
Sat Aug 19 11:21:05 CEST 2017

Hi,

We are using DPDK 16.07.

In the documentation for the libpmd_i40e I read the following explanation re. RTE_LIBRTE_I40E_ITR_INTERVAL:

Due to the hardware design, the interrupt signal inside NIC is needed for per
packet descriptor write-back. The minimum interval of interrupts could be set
at compile time by ``CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_I40E_ITR_INTERVAL`` in configuration files.
Though there is a default configuration, the interval could be tuned by the
users with that configuration item depends on what the user cares about more,
performance or per packet latency.

However, I don't quite understand whether a larger interval should be set for performance, or a lower (I am interested in performance).

Thanks,

Michal Dorsett
Developer, Strategic IP Group
Desk: +972 962 4350
Mobile: +972 50 771 6689
Verint Cyber Intelligence
www.verint.com<http://www.verint.com/>

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.