[dpdk-users] port 0 not present on board error

Hristo.Trifonov Hristo.Trifonov at ul.ie
Tue Dec 12 13:47:30 CET 2017

Please use only 2 ports with 1RX queue and 1 TX queue each to get l3fwd running. Try with these 2 below.
0000:02:00.0 'Ethernet Controller XL710 for 40GbE QSFP+ 1583' drv=igb_uio unused=vfio-pci
0000:02:00.1 'Ethernet Controller XL710 for 40GbE QSFP+ 1583' drv=igb_uio unused=vfio-pci

You can use more ports/queues but then you'll have to change the -config option depending on how many cores do you want to use.

The cmd that I've provided in my previous post is specifically for 2 ports with 1RX and TX queue each and 2 cores.

I suggest that you restart your machine, if possible, to unbind all ports from igb_uio and start from scratch.
Otherwise use the dpdk-seup.py script to do the clean-up.

Hristo T.