[dpdk-users] DPDK beginer: Best way to try out DPDK on a laptop with unsupported NIC

Primus Mutasingwa pmutasingwa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 03:08:35 CET 2017

Hello all,

I am new to DPDK. I want to try out on a laptop with an unsupported NIC.
(linux ubuntu 16.04)
What are the best ways of doing this ? Are there any existing examples that
address this use case?
If possible I would like to be doing my development on a laptop entirely
and move my work to a desktop with a supported NIC at a later date when I
am able to purchase a proper system.
I am hoping migrating my application from laptop environment to final
target will not involve a lot of changes other than new NIC configuration.

Thank you,

DPDK new user !!