[dpdk-users] Using PF bound to IGB_UIO, together with sr-iov VFs passed to guests

ran lifshitz ranlfg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:33:42 CEST 2017

Hi Rami,

I'm creating the vfs, while the pf is bound to igb_uio:
echo 63 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:05\:00.0/max_vfs

I'm getting 63 pfs in lspci, but when i try to load the vm:

virsh create mini1.xml
error: Failed to create domain from mini1.xml
error: An error occurred, but the cause is unknown

in the dpdk manual, it's refering to qemu, so I probably assume that the
libvirt try to initialize the VF mac and vlan, but this is not supported by
the igb_uio ?
it works well when ixgbe.ko is bound.

--

[image: Google+]