[dpdk-users] Performance degradation after the program running for awhile

Yu Yang yyangplus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:42:10 CEST 2017

My program is a dns server implemented with run-to-completion model, when I
start it with 11 cores, it has a normal performance(12M qps), but after
5-10 minutes, the qps decreased to 7M, I used Intel vTune Amplifier to
analysis the process and found the top 2 hotspots is *ixgbe_recv_pkts_vec*
and *rte_eth_rx_burst.  * my test environments is:

CPU: E5-2650(two sockets)
memory: 64GB
OS: ubuntu 16.04 64bits

Any advices on how to solve this strange problem?

thx