[dpdk-users] OVS-DPDK - Very poor performance when connected to namespace/container

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Thu Jun 15 09:13:42 CEST 2017

Hello   All,
I have OVS-DPDK connected to a namespace via veth pair device.

I've got a very poor performance - compared to normal OVS (i.e. no DPDK).
For example - TCP jumbo pkts throughput: normal OVS  ~ 10Gbps , OVS-DPDK 1.7 Gbps.

This can be explained as follows:
veth is implemented in kernel - in OVS-DPDK data is transferred from veth to user space while in normal OVS we save this transfer

Is there any other device to connect to namespace ? something like vhost-user ? I understand that vhost-user cannot be used for namespace

Best Regards
avi