[dpdk-users] Question about range type of DPDK ACL

Shyam Shrivastav shrivastav.shyam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 07:11:34 CEST 2017

Yes it can be but generally not used. Check dotted decimal IP address to
integer conversion, ACL library expects host byte order while adding acl
rules and network byte order while matching ..

FROM ADD

rules    : Array of rules to add to the ACL context. Note that all fields
in rte_acl_rule structures are expected to be in host byte order. Each rule
expected to be in the same format and not exceed size specified at ACL
context creation time.

FROM CLASSIFY

data      : Array of pointers to input data buffers to perform search. Note
that all fields in input data buffers supposed to be in network byte order
(MSB).