[dpdk-users] Reg PMD & NIC

Nikhil Nanal nanal at usc.edu
Wed Mar 8 08:11:43 CET 2017

Hi,

I guess DPDK works only for Intel NICs. Also, there are a variety of NIC cards from Intel.
The drivers are generally specific to a NIC card or a family of NIC cards. The DPDK, replaces the existing NIC drivers with its PMD drivers, , but these PMDs are
only compatible with some specified class of Intel NIC cards and so there are only some supported NICs but not all.

thanks
Nikhil