[dpdk-users] RSS : All fragments to same Recv queue

Shyam Shrivastav shrivastav.shyam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:50:57 CET 2017

Hi

We want to use RSS supported by intel 82599 NIC, with one lcore running on
each processor and handling one receive queue. All fragments of an ipv4
packet need to go to same receive queue and handled by same lcore for
lockless reassembly. Looks like Intel  82599 supports RSS IPv4 hashing
using just source and dest address fields and that should put all fragments
on same queue ( can be enabled by ETH_RSS_IPV4 in rte_eth_rss_conf->rs_hf).
Please let me know whether my understanding is correct.

Thanks
Shyam