[dpdk-users] Fragmentation and Reassembly issues

Padam Jeet Singh padam.singh at inventum.net
Sat Mar 18 04:03:11 CET 2017

Hi,

I am using the IPv4 reassembly function (rte_ipv4_frag_reassemble_packet) on RX, and IPv4 fragmentation function (rte_ipv4_fragment_packet) on TX.

When I am putting this code into our production network, after a few hours the Ethernet port’s TX stops working. All packets sent to the PMD using rte_eth_tx_burst fail (returned 0 = no packets sent).

If I disable the reassembly and drop all incoming fragments, but continue to do fragmentation on TX (since the MTU is different on RX and TX ports) then everything works normally.

Any pointers on what could be wrong when forwarding packets using this scheme?

Thanks,
Padam