[dpdk-users] OS hang when running helloworld example with two I210 NICs

Michal Michalowski michalm at openet.com
Tue Mar 21 13:46:34 CET 2017

Hi David,

Here is the output of lscpi after NICs after the are configured for DPDK:

michal at michal-HP-Z200-Workstation:~$ sudo lspci -vs 18:00
18:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1
        Physical Slot: 4
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 16
        Memory at f3300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f3400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at f8000000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+
        Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable- Count=5 Masked-
        Capabilities: [a0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number a0-36-9f-ff-ff-d5-07-3b
        Capabilities: [1a0] Transaction Processing Hints
        Kernel driver in use: uio_pci_generic

michal at michal-HP-Z200-Workstation:~$ sudo lspci -vs 24:00
24:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1
        Physical Slot: 1
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 16
        Memory at f3100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f3200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at f8200000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+
        Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable- Count=5 Masked-
        Capabilities: [a0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number a0-36-9f-ff-ff-d5-06-12
        Capabilities: [1a0] Transaction Processing Hints
        Kernel driver in use: uio_pci_generic

Cheers,
Michal