[dpdk-users] Problem about setting CONFIG_RTE_KNI_PREEMPT_DEFAULT=n

Yuliang Li yuliang.li at yale.edu
Sat Mar 25 19:28:37 CET 2017

Hi all,

I am using KNI. In order to improve the performance of KNI, I adopted the
suggestion here <http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-June/018858.html>:
setting CONFIG_RTE_KNI_PREEMPT_DEFAULT=n, which prevents the KNI
kernel thread from going to sleep. This works fine if I only use 1 kernel
thread. However, if I use 2 kernel threads, when the DPDK app exits, one of
the kernel thread cannot exit, so that core is forever gone until I restart
my server. Could anyone help me on this?

Yuliang Li
PhD student
Department of Computer Science
Yale University