[dpdk-users] Problem bringing KNI interfaces when daemonized after rte_eal_init

Sushil Adhikari sushil446 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:50:57 CEST 2017

I am trying to run dpdk kni application and daemonize it. If I daemonize
the application before rte_eal_init, I can bring the kni interface up by
running "ifconfig eth2 up" (eth2 is what I have named the interface instead
of vEth0 as in example) but If I daemonize the application after
rte_eal_init() function and try to run "ifconfig eth2 up" it says
"ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Timer expired" I would appreciate any insight or
suggestion regarding what the problem might be.
I'm using dpdk version 16.11 on linux 4.4.20.

Thank you
Sushil