[dpdk-users] Memory requirements for crypto devices (QAT and AESNI) (using DPDK-17.02)

Kusztal, ArkadiuszX arkadiuszx.kusztal at intel.com
Mon May 15 13:52:08 CEST 2017

Hi Chinmaya,

Sorry for delayed answer.

As for QAT.
Few corrections.

2)   Allocates memory for qat PMD op cookie pointer: 16384 bytes
There will be as many cookie pointers as there is nb_descriptors (so in this case 2048).
Cookie pointer struct will take 704 bytes, 256 is needed for buffers in in-place operation and 256 for out-of-place + 16 bytes which will be padded due to 64B alignment constraint to 320 bytes and then  align (320 + 320 + 16) = 704 bytes.
So it will be 704 * 2048 = 1441792B.

Qat_session size should be of 568 bytes.

Regards,
Arek