[dpdk-users] DPDK Memory in GDB

Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel krath at cloudsimple.com
Tue Oct 3 11:41:32 CEST 2017

Hi All,

We have been using the mempool of the DPDK for our application. Whenever there is a core dump and if I try to print the contents of the pointer allocated from rte_malloc gdb is throwing an error saying cannot access the memory at address. During run time this is working fine . This happens only when examining a core. I replaced rte_mallloc with malloc and in this case I am able to print the contents of the pointer. I have built DPDK with -g option. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanking You,
Param.