[dpdk-users] DPDK setup

CHIDAMBARAM, GOVIND (GOVIND) govind at research.att.com
Fri Oct 13 20:12:47 CEST 2017

I am just trying to understand DPDK,I was told that when a vNIC that has an IP address when binded to dpdk driver the IP gets moved to user space and data can be forwarded to that IP and using dpdk libraries I should be able to read. Is that true?

This is what i did

ifdown eth1 (Interface has IP a.b.c.d)
dpdk-devbind.py --bind=igb_uio eth1

At this point I can no longer manage the interface via ifconfig which is understandable.When i ran the ethtool app and did a portstats I can see the count increase but am not sure if its the actual data being forwarded to that IP or some arp request.

Cheers
CG