[dpdk-users] The link speed changing at SFP

ASM asm at asm.pp.ru
Wed Sep 6 13:47:24 CEST 2017

Hi folks!

If I use 10Gb copper cards (X520-AT2), I connect cable to 10G switch
and got 10Gb link.
If I remove cable from 10Gb switch and connect it to 1G switch i have
got 1Gb link from
my device.

But for 82599ES 10g SFI/SFP+ (fiber cars) I have problems.
If I connect cable to 10G switch and start DPDK application I have got
10Gb link, but if I
remove cable (without rte_eth_dev_stop), and connect it to 1Gb switch
I have no link.
If I connect cable to 1G switch and start DPDK application I have got
1Gb link, but if I
remove cable (without rte_eth_dev_stop), and coonect it to 10Gb switch
I have no link.

In other words, the connection is not established at a different speed
link without restarting the application.

On the linux(kernel driver) the link speed changes successfully
without any resets and restarts.

Did anyone have a similar problem? Have any ideas what is wrong?

---
Best regards,
Leonid Myravjev