[dpdk-users] DPDK application that sends rules to the NIC

Shahaf Shuler shahafs at mellanox.com
Thu Sep 14 12:26:28 CEST 2017

Hi Georgios,

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:09 AM, Georgios Katsikas:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to implement a DPDK application that dumps a set of rules to a
> Mellanox ConnectX-5 NIC and starts a number of threads (each on a
> different
> core) that receive the classified packets according to the rules.
> The rules are of the form src IP X and dst IP Y --> Send to core Z.
>
> Is there such an application (or similar) in the source tree?

You can use testpmd for that. Run in isolate mode and add rte_flow rules to direct IP packets to the specific queue that you want.

> Does the Mellanox
> NIC require any special treatment or is there a unified API to do this job
> regardless of the NIC?

There Is a unified API. look into rte_flow:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/rte_flow.html

> Which DPDK version do you propose?

The latest one - v17.08