[dpdk-users] Sending packets in specific order

Sander Ubink sanderubink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:25:44 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to send a specific pattern of packets using
pktgen. When I dump the mbuf's that are being passed to rte_eth_tx_burst()
I can confirm that they are in the correct order. However, on the receiving
side, tcpdump shows a completely different order. The machines are directly
connected to each other using a QSFP cable. Is the reordering of packets
inherent to the implementation of DPDK or is there some way I can enforce
packets are being send in the order they are provided?

Kind regards,
Sander