[dpdk-users] Compile DPDK 17.11 with Mellanox NIC support

george.dit at gmail.com george.dit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:38:11 CET 2018

Hi,

I noticed that DPDK 17.11 brought some changes regarding the Mellanox
drivers, hence my compilation script does not work for this version of DPDK.

Specifically, the release notes of this version state:

"Enabled the PMD to run on top of upstream Linux kernel and rdma-core libs,
removing the dependency on specific Mellanox OFED libraries."

Previously, I was setting CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX5_PMD but now, with this
option set I get build errors in drivers/net/mlx5/mlx5.c.

Could you please provide some guidance on how DPDK is expected to work
without OFED?
Is there any other configuration required?

Georgios Katsikas
Industrial Ph.D. Student
Network Intelligence Group
Decision, Networks, and Analytics (DNA) Lab
RISE SICS
E-Mail:  georgios.katsikas at ri.se