[dpdk-users] kni interface about X710

Xiao, Xiaohong (NSB - CN/Shanghai) xiaohong.xiao at nokia-sbell.com
Thu Jan 18 09:55:47 CET 2018

Hello
We are trying to create kni interfaces on the X710 ethernet interface, so that the function kni_ioctl_create() is called. But we falls to below ¡°else¡± branch and get a random MAC address on the created kni interface.
And we also noticed that, for igb/ixgbe devices, no above issue ¨C it goes with below ¡°if¡± branch.
Is there a plan to develop a function like i40e_kni_probe() to provide similar function of existing igb_kni_probe() / ixgbe_kni_probe()£¿Or can you please suggest a way how to set the real MAC here?

Thanks a lot.
Xiao Xiaohong

if (kni->lad_dev)
                   memcpy(net_dev->dev_addr, kni->lad_dev->dev_addr, ETH_ALEN);
         else
                   /*
                   * Generate random mac address. eth_random_addr() is the newer
                   * version of generating mac address in linux kernel.
                   */
         {
                            random_ether_addr(net_dev->dev_addr);