[dpdk-users] DPDK library link issue with __attribute__((constructor))

Hui Liu onlyflyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:08:45 CET 2018

Hi Guys,

I am using DPDK with the yocto build system.

I found some static library is not linked because of the linker's as-needed
decision.

Some .a file use __attribute__((constructor)) to register their APIs,
we only know if we use these APIs at runtime, but linker make the decision
early and then discarded them.

I tried a lot to link the library I need:

1, use -Wl, --no-as-needed, for example:
gcc a.c *-Wl, --no-as-needed* -ldl -ldpdk

2, Put the library explicitly to the linker like this:
gcc a.c -Wl, --no-as-needed -ldl -ldpdk *-lrte_mempool*

At last, I still didn't find my library in the elf file.

Is there anything else I can try to link these library?

--
Thanks & Best Regards
Liu Hui