[dpdk-users] Quick Question Regarding an Inconsistency in the Docs

David Sweeris david.sweeris at aclectic.com
Wed Mar 21 20:00:35 CET 2018

Hi all,

At http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/linux_gsg/build_dpdk.html, the docs say, "For example, to compile a 64-bit target using icc, run: make install T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc”. If I do that, though, after compiling everything, I get an error roughly saying that “you can’t specify T without also specifying DESTDIR”. It’s an easy problem to fix, just add (in my case, anyway) “DESTDIR=/usr/local” to the end of the command. Still, it seems odd... Are the docs wrong, or is something in my environment not setup right?

Thanks,
	-Dave Sweeris