[dpdk-users] 回覆﹕ Packets drop while fetching with rte_eth_rx_burst

Filip Janiszewski contact at filipjaniszewski.com
Sun Mar 25 14:14:58 CEST 2018

Thanks Marco,

I'm running DPDK 18.02. I might understand that the counter is not
implemented yet, but why rte_eth_rx_burst never returns nb_pkts?
According to:
http://dpdk.org/doc/api/rte__ethdev_8h.html#a3e7d76a451b46348686ea97d6367f102

"The rte_eth_rx_burst() function returns the number of packets actually
retrieved, which is the number of rte_mbuf data structures effectively
supplied into the rx_pkts array. A return value equal to nb_pkts
indicates that the RX queue contained at least rx_pkts packets, and this
is likely to signify that other received packets remain in the input queue."

So in case of drops I would expect the rx queue to be full and
rte_eth_rx_burst to return nb_pkts, but this never happen and it seems
that there's plenty of space in the ring, is that correct?

Thanks

--
BR, Filip
+48 666 369 823