[dpdk-dev] I350 drops packet on rte_eth_tx_burst()

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:08:52 CEST 2014

Hai  Chae-yong Chong,

Thanks on the reply.

But I'm nor actually forwarding packets. I'm crafting my own packets in
mbuf's (74 byte packets all)
and sending it using
ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(port_ids[lcore_id], 0, m_pool,burst_size);

When burst_size is 1, it does work. Work in the sense the NIC will continue
with sending packets, at a little over
50 percent of the link rate. For 1000 Mbps link rate .....The observed
transmit rate of the NIC is 580 Mbps (using Intel DPDK).
When the NIC sends out some hundred thousand packets , billions are getting
dropped as well. I don't care about the billions getting
dropped, but it should be possible to achieve at least 900 Mbps transmit
rate with Intel DPDK and I350 on 1 Gbps link.

Could someone help me out on this ?

Thanks and regards