[dpdk-dev] [PULL REQUEST] doc: document modifications in user guides

Iremonger, Bernard bernard.iremonger at intel.com
Thu Dec 4 12:22:20 CET 2014

Hi Thomas,

> Hi Bernard,
>
> These patches won't pulled as is for 2 reasons:
> 1) I made some comments recently on some of these patches

Clearly I was too eager to apply these patches.
Are you happy with of the patches, if so I could a  send a request pull with a reduced patch set

> 2) It appears you didn't applied the v5 of Pablo's patchset
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-December/009270.html

There was conflict with Pablo's earlier patch set when I synced up with dpdk_main, which I thought I had resolved incorrectly.
When I applied the V5 patch set, I reworked this line "Quit to prompt:", so it should be correct now.
I can rebase and reapply Pablo's V5 patch set if that is a better solution.

> Below some title rewording to make it concise and more consistent:
>
> 2014-12-03 15:50, Bernard Iremonger:
> > Bruce Richardson (3):
> >       doc: change hardcoded date to auto-generated in guide documents
> doc: auto-generate date in guides
> >       doc: adjust line lengths in freebsd getting started guide rst files
> doc: adjust line lengths in freebsd guide
> >       doc: update freebsd getting started guide to document ports install
> doc: add freebsd ports
> >
> > Doherty, Declan (1):
> >       doc: link bonding related updates to programmers guide
> doc: update bonding
> >
> > Pablo de Lara (4):
> >       doc: added new commands in testpmd application user guide
> doc: new testpmd commands
> >       doc: fix commands in testpmd application user guide
> doc: fix testpmd commands
> >       doc: moved commands in testpmd application user guide to match testpmd command help order
> doc: reorder testpmd commands
> >       doc: fixes in testpmd application user guide
> doc: fix testpmd guide
> >
> > Siobhan Butler (4):
> >       doc: added distributor sample application to the sample application user guide
> doc: add distributor application
> >       doc: add vhost library section in programmers guide
> doc: add vhost library
> >       doc: updated i40e enabling additonal functionality in linux getting started guide
> doc: update i40e
> >       doc: remove references to intel dpdk in linux getting started guide

Are the reworded commit lines ok now.

> --
> Thomas

Regards,