[dpdk-dev] How to debug packet sends to virtual functions

Burakov, Anatoly anatoly.burakov at intel.com
Mon Feb 17 13:11:53 CET 2014

Hi Mats

> The guest starts with loading the igbvf kernel driver, uses ifconfig <dev> up,
> then loads and binds to igb_uio. After that, DPDK works. If I skip any step
> here it doesn't work. Skipping "ifconfig" step resulted in packets being
> received but I couldn't send them, they just got queued up but was never
> sent.

Hm, never seen this before. Apologies if you have already mentioned this, but what NIC are you using? I'll see if I can replicate your issues.

> It's the latter, i.e. two primary processes running DPDK on the same VM but
> different VF devices. The VF devices belongs to the same physical devices
> though.

I'll try that as well.

Best regards,
Anatoly Burakov
DPDK SW Engineer

Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare