[dpdk-dev] tools brainstorming

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Apr 8 18:16:12 CEST 2015

2015-04-08 15:53, Wiles, Keith:
> One of the biggest problems with any style is helping the developer
> maintain the style. Using some tool does help and I have used astyle
> before, not bad code formatter. Here is a few that seem to be reasonable.
>
> http://astyle.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcgreatcode/

I'm not sure it's a good idea to convert the codebase automatically.
The coding style must be a reference for new patches and they must be
automatically checked with a dedicated checkpatch tool.
By forbidding patches which don't comply, the codebase will be naturally
converted over time.

I didn't review this proposal yet.
My first comment is that it's too long to read :)
When a consensus is done, it must be added with a patch with custom
checkpatch addition.