[dpdk-dev] Is it possible to make softrss value be same with NIC RSS value?

Heung Sik Choi hschoi at os.korea.ac.kr
Fri May 26 05:54:39 CEST 2017

Hi,

I study hash optimization in network, and  I know that rte_softrss()
function in DPDK lib(rte_thash.h) which implements RSS. And then, I guess
that its value is same with NIC RSS(hardware).

I get NIC RSS by call 'le32_to_cpu(rx_desc->wb.lower.hi_dword.rss)';

However, I printed NIC RSS's value and Soft RSS value, and two values is
different. I thought that because of little endian, they are different. So
I change the call with  'be32_to_cpu(rx_desc->wb.lower.hi_dword.rss)'. But,
the result is same

Is my guess wrong?

 Please let me know if you have any insights.