[dpdk-dev] [RFC 0/2] nfp driver fixes

Aaron Conole aconole at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 15:23:04 CEST 2018

Alejandro Lucero <alejandro.lucero at netronome.com> writes:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thanks for this patches.
>
> I'm afraid these are not applicable for current NFP driver after commit

Okay.

> "net/nfp: add NFP CPP support"
>
> which has been accepted in dpdk-net-next.

I think nfp_acquire_process_lock() can be modified as I did in 2/2, but
I noticed that there's some reliance on various sysfs files (and I think
you point this out in your response to 2/2 as well) and that may be
problematic for us with ovs2.8+.  I'll do some more digging.

Thanks Alejandro!

> However, those could be valid for stable versions. I have comments on both patches.

Cool.  As I noted, I haven't tested them yet, but once I get time to
test them I will pull in any feedback and resubmit.  I guess if I do,
they should really just be for stable fixes?  Not sure how that would
work.