[dpdk-stable] Reviewing currently queued patches

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Oct 12 10:13:24 CEST 2016

Hi Yliu,

First of all thanks for your work on the stable Tree!

I usually flag patches that come by and I find interesting for backporting
for myself.
Since the "new" stable-tree was announced I replied on some of those
threads to stable at dpdk.org to be considered. I did not at all try to have a
complete list, but wanted to track the few I had.

Since your mails today appeared to me to be the complete list of your first
batch of stable patches I checked it vs my list. That way I found a few
that I wanted to inquire about.

The first category are patches that likely are already considered by you.
Those patches already got the "this is enqueued for stable" reply onto
their patch submission mail thread. But the deadline you set back then
expired and they are not yet in the stable tree so I at least wanted to ask.

24427bb914a6375f29635897d23a3192d85b2127 app/testpmd: fix crash when
mempool allocation fails
e15922d75a8226a0a5af97d39a9f15a2e6163e9d mempool: fix corruption due to
invalid handler

The second type are fixes that have a "fixes" statement matching code that
is in 16.07 and might be missing in your current list:
c00ae961ff8dbc036322fdb41137a7dedac005c9 mem: fix crash on hugepage mapping
error
6edfa69ba6fe86e9f59c76d0bb3732c558aeedc9 pci: fix memory leak when
detaching device
7b3c4f351708a4bf5d311266d9f8c32e5704701f sched: fix releasing enqueued
packets
33a290899dd2b6e2e26e8e5c33d08979f8315d18 net/virtio_user: fix first queue
pair without multiqueue

It would be nice if you could let us know if they are intentionally not
included, just not processed yet or whatever else that had not made them
part of your batch submission today.

To some extend that was why I asked before for a list of "intentionally not
included fixes along with the reason", but for now the diff is small enough
that you can just reply here on those 4 (6) patches.

Kind Regards,

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server