[dpdk-stable] Reviewing currently queued patches

Yuanhan Liu yuanhan.liu at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 12 12:24:42 CEST 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:13:24AM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Hi Yliu,
>
> First of all thanks for your work on the stable Tree!
>
> I usually flag patches that come by and I find interesting for backporting for
> myself.

I also did some flags, but it's hard to be complete. The way I do it now
is to look all commits in the master branch, and pick some that looks good
to be picked for stable release.

I would hope more and more people would add "Cc: <stable at dpdk.org>" inside
the commit log in future. With that, most of them could be automated by
some simple.  scripts.

It's just a first trial, a lot people are still not aware of that. But I'm
sure we will get better and better as time move forwards.

> Since the "new" stable-tree was announced I replied on some of those threads to
> stable at dpdk.org to be considered. I did not at all try to have a complete list,
> but wanted to track the few I had.

Thanks for doing that! Yes, I could be mistaken somewhere. It would be
great if you could spend some time to some more checkings. Appreciate
that!

> Since your mails today appeared to me to be the complete list of your first
> batch of stable patches I checked it vs my list.

Yes, that should be final list for the first stable release. And I plan
to make a review-announce this Friday, for aksing reviews and testing.
After that, v16.07.1 will be released.

> That way I found a few that I
> wanted to inquire about.
>
> The first category are patches that likely are already considered by you.
> Those patches already got the "this is enqueued for stable" reply onto their
> patch submission mail thread. But the deadline you set back then expired and
> they are not yet in the stable tree so I at least wanted to ask.

My bad, and apologize again that I was late. I was on vacation.
I pushed them after the vacation. You can find them here:

   http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/log/?h=16.07

For this round, I'm sure I will do it in time: before the end of this
Friday.

> 24427bb914a6375f29635897d23a3192d85b2127 app/testpmd: fix crash when mempool
> allocation fails
> e15922d75a8226a0a5af97d39a9f15a2e6163e9d mempool: fix corruption due to invalid
> handler

They are there; already pushed.

> The second type are fixes that have a "fixes" statement matching code that is
> in 16.07 and might be missing in your current list:
> c00ae961ff8dbc036322fdb41137a7dedac005c9 mem: fix crash on hugepage mapping
> error
> 6edfa69ba6fe86e9f59c76d0bb3732c558aeedc9 pci: fix memory leak when detaching
> device
> 7b3c4f351708a4bf5d311266d9f8c32e5704701f sched: fix releasing enqueued packets
> 33a290899dd2b6e2e26e8e5c33d08979f8315d18 net/virtio_user: fix first queue pair
> without multiqueue

Besides the the 3rd one (sched: fix releasing ...), all others are
actually included in this list I sent out today. You failed to get
those mail notifications? FYI, I got them.

BTW, thanks for the good catch! I will include the missing one soon.

	--yliu